Will you be making a big breakfast or brunch this weekend? This Mexican Vegetarian Frittata has been a big hit every time we make it. And it’s a great way to start your day with energizing veggies and lean, clean protein, which will keep you going for hours!
This frittata is so delicious and versatile! You can swap out the veggies and seasoning for anything you like. You could also make this in a muffin tin for egg muffins that are easy to take to-go!
Mexican Vegetarian Frittata
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 sweet yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 sweet orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, shredded
- 4 oz. can diced green chilis, chopped
- 6 eggs or 1 cup liquid egg whites (or use 3 whole eggs and 1/2 cup egg whites)
- 1/2 cup milk (whatever you like - rice, soy, almond milk, goat, kefir - all plain varieties)
- 1/2 cup light shredded Mexican cheese or 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (if avoiding dairy, try adding 3 tbs. nutritional yeast or use goat's cheese)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground chili powder
- pinch sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat a nonstick pan with olive oil cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and Yukon gold potatoes with the cumin and chili powder. Saute until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Pour into a 9-inch round glass baking dish or pie pan.
- In a bowl, combine eggs with milk and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over vegetables. Place in a pre-heated oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes, or until puffed and lightly golden.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with a variety of salsas, guacamole, and hot sauce.