The snack monster rears its ugly head everyday around 3 p.m., and then again in the late evening. Can you relate? We have found that cravings usually fall into four categories: sweet, salty, crunchy, and creamy. But how do you satisfy the craving without blowing a ton of calories? First, you have to be prepared. Second, you have to try one out some of our creations.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries dipped into 1 tbs. melted mini chocolate chips (we are fond of Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- 1 all-fruit sorbet bar
- 1 cup mango chunks
- 1 “fried” banana: coat a small nonstick pan cooking spray and heat until hot, then add banana slices and cook until golden; flip and cook until other side is golden. Delish!
- 2 cinnamon graham crackers (we like Pamela’s gluten-free cinnamon graham crackers)
- 3 oz. deli sliced turkey breast with mustard
- 1 organic corn tortilla, sliced into triangles and cooked in a pan with hot virgin coconut oil and sprinkled with sea salt; serve with guacamole and salsa
- 1 cup organic edamame sprinkled with sea salt
- 1 hard-boiled egg sprinkled with sea salt
- 1 cup jicama and celery sticks with hummus and salsa for dipping
- 1 ear of organic corn sprinkled with lime juice, ground cumin and chili powder
- homemade baked apple chips – thinly slice 1 organic granny smith apple and sprinkle with cinnamon. Place on a baking sheet and bake in oven 275 F for 1 hour or until crispy.
- 1 cup frozen mango and 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt, blended in food processor or blender until smooth
- 1 cup nonfat Greek plain yogurt mixed with a dash of cinnamon, vanilla extract, 1 tsp. raw honey, and 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1 baked sweet potato – wrap in foil and bake in 400 F oven for 45 minutes or until soft (do not use microwave)
- 2 tbs. hummus or guacamole on top of 1 scrambled egg
- Fruit smoothie: 1 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew, coconut or almond milk + 1 cup frozen fruit + 1 scoop vanilla protein powder + 1 tbs. chia seeds
- Chocolate smoothie: 1 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew or almond milk + 1 tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder + 1 scoop chocolate protein powder + ice cubes