Now that school is out for most kids across the country and the weather is steadily heating up, it feels like summer is almost here. That means it’s time to uncover the grill and get cooking! Do you plan on hosting any get-togethers this summer? How about attending a few? Whether you’re throwing or going to a party at the beach, a pool, or even a neighborhood block party, why not go away from the typical burgers and hot dogs, salads and slaws (yawn, BORING!) and try out some new recipes. All summer long we will bring you some of our favorite grilling recipes, including this Sensational Summer Slaw.
Our take on slaw is creamy, crunchy, sweet, and tangy, and just happens to be good for you! Plus, it takes less than 10 minutes to make, so there’s no excuse not to make it.
SENSATIONAL SUMMER SLAW
- 1 bag broccoli slaw mix (I got mine from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow onion
- 3 tbs. vinegar (apple cider, seasoned rice wine, or Trader Joe’s orange muscat)
- 4-5 tbs. guacamole
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- 1 mango, diced
- Heat a large wok or nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onion and slaw mix and let cook 2-3 minutes; stir and cook another 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove slaw from the pan and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.