It’s Meatless Monday! This week, we’re going international and getting inspired by the tasty and healthy cuisine of India. Tandoori is one of the most popular dishes on Indian food menus. The calcium and protein-packed yogurt and the antioxidants found in the herbs and spices in our tandoori marinade, make this dish not only delicious but incredibly nutritious. Enjoy!
TANDOORI VEGETABLES AND TOFU
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3” piece ginger
- ½ onion
- 3 tbs. garam masala
- juice of 3 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 each red, orange, and yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 6 mini portabella mushrooms, quartered
- 1 /2 onion, cut into chunks
- 8 oz extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch slabs
- Blend all ingredients, except for vegetables and tofu, to a paste.
- Lay the tofu pieces on a paper towel and place another paper towel on top. Press out the moisture. Repeat with more paper towels, until most of the moisture has been removed.
- Coat the vegetables and tofu with the mixture and marinate and chill for 4 hours.
- Heat a grill, shake off excess marinade, and grill vegetables and tofu about 4-5 minutes, turn and grill another 4-5 minutes.