We have a confession to make.
We love pumpkin.
If you follow us on facebook, twitter (@urockgirl), and instagram (@u_rock_girl), then you probably figured that out by now. ‘Tis the season to be a little pumpkin obsessed!
‘Tis also the season to do lots of baking. It seems like every day we’re baking something up, especially with all these hungry kids around. By the way, the house smells divine. 😉
We like pumpkin. We like chocolate chips. We like fudgy, rich bars of goodness. So, we combined this to make chocolate chip pumpkin blondies. (For those of you who don’t know, blondies are brownies minus the cocoa powder).
This is the perfect fall treat. You have nice spice from the pumpkin and a sweet note from the chocolate chips. These can easily be taken on-the-go or a nice addition to your kids’ lunches. Impress the workplace by whipping up a batch of these bars!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 tbs. pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (we like to use Enjoy Life because they're dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, egg, flax seed, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir well. Add in the almonf flour, cinnamon, and coconut sugar. Mix until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the baking dish and spread the top to even it out a bit. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before slicing.
- **Tip: buy whole flax seeds and grind them yourself in a spice/coffee grinder. This is the best way to get the most nutrition from your flax seeds. Any extra can be stored in the refrigerator. Also, store the bag of whole flax seeds in the fridge to preserve freshness.