Easter is just a few hops away from arriving. Haven’t decided what to prepare yet? Try our crust-less goat cheese and leek quiche. While the kids go hunting for eggs filled with surprises, you can be chewing happily away on this egg dish. We incorporated some of those beautiful veggies that have come into season, making this meal colorful and in the Easter spirit!
This quiche is high-protein and high-fiber! Plus, there’s no crust, which means those of you following a gluten-free and/or low-carb diet can share in the deliciousness.
This recipe is so great because it’s very easy to alter it to your own needs. Feel free to choose your own blend of veggies. We promise the quiche will sill turn out equally tasty. Not a huge fan of dairy? No problem. Take out the goat cheese and use some vegan cheese in place. Sub a dairy-free yogurt for the Greek Yogurt. Like dairy but not goat cheese? Parmesan, feta, or fresh mozzarella all pair just as well in this dish.
Have an egg-ceptional Easter (and it will be with this nutritious quiche!)
- 1 tbs. virgin coconut oil
- 2 cups leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 2 cups thinly sliced crimini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 c plain fat-free Greek yogurt (you can sub coconut or almond milk yogurt)
- 2 oz. goat cheese (or feta or Parmesan)
- 3/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet. When hot add the leeks and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook an additional 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, roasted red pepper, yogurt, cheese, and paprika, and a pinch of salt and 2 pinches of pepper. Add to the leek mixture.
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with olive oil cooking spray. Pour in the egg mixture and place the pie plate in the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Tastes great warm or cold.