Spring is in the air and Easter is right around the corner. Most people associate this time of year with cleaning up their lives – spring cleaning their homes, cleaning up their diets by including more seasonal fresh veggies and salad, and cleaning up their bodies by taking their workouts outdoors.
Have you been to your local farmers market yet this spring? If you haven’t, then you are missing out on all sorts of baby vegetables that don’t last very long, like ramps, baby garlic, and fiddlehead ferns. If you happen to miss those, there’s plenty of asparagus and artichokes available. They are out-of-this-world delicious and able to be used in multiple ways. Think raw, oven-roasted, stir fried, or grilled. And don’t forget to load up on fresh herbs (cilantro, rosemary, thyme, flat leaf parsley) which can be added to salads, soups, or turned into a delicious pesto.
If you are looking for a fresh, nutritious and delicious salad that you can make for your Easter celebration and enjoy again any day of the spring and summer, try our Easter Salmon Salad with Spring Veggies and Miso-Tahini dressing.
Easter Salmon Salad with Spring Veggies and Miso-Tahini Dressing
- 1 bunch organic kale
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup baby red and yellow tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced sweet white onion
- 1/2 cup diced roasted asparagus (can also use raw)
- 2 tbs. hemp seeds
- 3 tbs. Miso-tahini dressing (see below)
- 6 oz. wild Alaskan salmon, cooked (grilled, baked, or poached)
- Miso-Tahini dressing:
- 1 tbs. sweet white miso
- 1 tbs. tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbs. gluten-free low-sodium tamari
- INSTRUCTIONS for Salad:
- Remove kale leaves from center rib and chop leaves into small pieces. Place the kale into a large mixing bowl. Pour most of the dressing over the kale and massage into the kale leaves for 2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables and toss well.
- Place the salad on a platter and sprinkle hemp seeds on top. Cut the salmon into small pieces and place on top of salad. Serve additional dressing on the side.
- INSTRUCTIONS for Dressing:
- Place all of the ingredients in a mason jar and screw on the lid. Shake vigorously until smooth. Will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Nutritional Analysis for all of the miso dressing (servings 4) Per serving: 193 Calories 15.2 (g) fat 6.4 (g) carbs 7.4 (g) protein4.14https://urockgirl.com/easter-salmon-salad/