The holiday parties are still raging. It’s only the beginning of December and usually the festivities go on until New Year’s Day. And where there’s parties, there’s most likely booze.
Ok, so you overdid it. Your head is pounding, the room is spinning, and your stomach is in a knot. Now, what? Hair-of-the-dog? NOT!!!!!!!
There are no cures for a hangover, except time. But there are some things you can do to ease the pain and help your body to process the alcohol faster.
- Hydrate – you wake up with your mouth feeling drier than the desert because you’re dehydrated. That’s what alcohol will do to you (besides make you feel like crap!). So chug-a-lug 8 oz. of water every 30-60 minutes throughout the day.
- Orange Juice or Raw Honey – the fructose will help your body to breakdown the alcohol faster, allowing you to feel better faster. Try 8 oz. fresh OJ or 1 tbs. raw honey in your tea.
- Sports drinks – triple whammy – hydrates, fructose, and electrolytes.
- Do not go and get the greasy hang-over food you did back in your college days. This will NOT help your hangover or your nauseous stomach. Instead, eat a slice or two of toast and a banana. If you can keep that down, then go back in and hour or two for something else.
- Go for a walk, not a sweat session. It will make you feel better by helping the alcohol to get out of your system faster.
- Take some ibuprofen or acetaminophen. It will helps with the headache.
- Get back into bed. Sleeping it off will make the day (and the hangover) go by faster.