If you are like most women, your weekend wasnt 100% healthy. We typically have our downfalls on the weekends- that extra glass of wine, the dessert, the game day snacks. Yes we all have them!
So let us just put it behind us and look forward to the week ahead! M is for Monday and also for MOTIVATION!
I have listed some great ideas to stay motivated in life, as well as in your health and fitness goals!
Try to pick a few and see it through!
1. Work toward your goal with PASSION- fall in love with the idea of working out! Sure you may have to fake it at first but treat it like a new relationship-that time, long ago (for some of us) when you felt giddy about someone or something.
2. Create a vision, by imagining your ultimate physique, and your beautiful glowing skin.
3. Develop a habit. We have talked about this before. Having two registered dieticians on staff here makes it so much more REAL when they talk about it! It takes 28 days to form a habit and knowing the more consistent you are in the beginning, the more apt you are to achieve longevity with this new lifestyle.
4. “TRIAGE” your “to do” list every day to ensure that you will make time to achieve the ones that will help you move forward toward your goal. I do this on a daily basis. By placing priority items first, you will feel more successful. The only trouble is when everything is a priority! EEK!
5. Avoid people who are negative. I call them the “toxic avengers”. These are the people who tell you that you look fine and then ask you to share a plate of nachos and a cold corona!
6. Understand that you are only human. I have never met anyone who is successful and PERFECT! The gals that look the best, that I coach, are the ones who dont follow silly rules, dont worry about mixing this food with that food, and rather, simply follow a nutrition protocol thats modifies the bad stuff along with the good stuff. The gals that achieve success are the ones that know that they are back “ontrack” Monday morning! They will always be winners.
7. Set some timelines-short term, mid term and long term! A dress that you are aspiring to look fabulous in, is a short term goal. Running a 5k or setting up a family photo shoot is a mid term goal and getting yourself to optimal conditioning with tighter abs, more conditioned legs, a rounded booty and triceps that are strong, can be the long term goal!
8. Last but certainly not least- HAVE A THEME SONG! Good, bad, nasty. sexy- whatever it may be. All events in your life, can have a theme song. It can help you through a loss or challenge and it can pick you up when you are feeling down. It can also make you feel like a million. Have you ever walked through the supermarket, strutting to “Brick House” -or is that just me…..
Most of all make this FUN and not WORK. Take a few of these measures and follow them! It may take a while to follow these rules, but it will make the journey so much more interesting!