Today’s guest blogger is Tara Thatcher. She is a bright, perky young woman who has her head on straight, as she lives her life through humor, and a sense of purpose.
I love this girl-she totally rocks! Check out Tara’s blog at http://taraathatcher.blogspot.com/
Enjoy Tara’s thoughts:
Get up on the wrong side of the bed today? Things just not going your way? We ALL have days like this! Where it seems like the cards are stacked against us, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel! How do we get through these days? How do we get back to our positive, happy selves?
Make a list of what you DO have! Instead of focusing on the negative, let’s look at your blessings! Go get a piece of paper, pen, and put on your thinking caps! SERIOUSLY, do it NOW! Here is an example:
1. Somewhere to live. Be thankful that you have a roof over your head!
2. Your health. Be thankful that you are healthy and whole. There are so many in our world that are not able to count this as one of their blessings! These people are often the most inspirational!
3. Your hubby, boyfriend, family. Be thankful for family! Often times these are the people that mean the most to us, support us through thick and thin, and end up being last on our list! Do something special for them, to show how much you appreciate them! It doesn’t have to cost anything to mean something.
4. Your JOB. It may or may not be your dream job. But in this economy, be thankful for a job, and a steady income!
5. Friends. Call them, and see how they are. Often times, when we need to talk to someone the most, we keep it in. Call your best friend and meet them for coffee, or just to chat. That may be just the thing you need!
6. Opportunities! We all have opportunities every single day, in our reaction to different situations. What kind of person do you want to be?
Remember that not everything is perfect in any person’s world. We need to face adversity head on! If you are unhappy with something in your life, it is up to you to change it!!!! I am taking my own advice on this one! I wrote down what I am thankful for, and if I am feeling down, I take it out and look at it! I have SO many things and people in my life to be thankful for, and so do you!
Put some new music on your ipod, and go to the gym! Work it out! Take your frustrations out on some cardio, weights, or try a class that you haven’t yet. Don’t dwell on things. Think about them, get it out, and MOVE on! We all have a choice in the morning, a choice to make the most of the fresh, clean day that has been given to us. Don’t waste time being sad, or upset.
So, make your list, keep your chin up, and remember to count your blessings! Make sure all of the people that are important to you in your life, know just how important they are! Do something nice for a stranger! Buy someone else’s coffee, gas, or just be polite and kind to others! It feels good to do nice things for others, especially when they least expect it. Pay it forward. Have a GREAT day!!!!