Aah summer! How we love you! Let us count the ways…blueberries, strawberries, peaches, plums, nectarines, watermelon, grapes, apricots. Summer fruit is at its very best right now with so many things in-season and delicious!
We made this peach blueberry cobbler for a recent cooking class and it just ROCKED! Feel free to vary the fruit combinations in the filling, such as peach-plum, strawberry-raspberry-blackberry, plum-cherry. Yes, we know, too many delicious choices! Make it a la mode by topping it with some vanilla ice cream or fr0-yo or even some freshly whipped cream. What a perfect finish. Did we also mention that it’s gluten free?!
Just writing about it has made us hungry for some more. Off to the kitchen we go!
- 1 cup Pamela's gluten free pancake and baking mix
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbs. ground flax seed
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbs. melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced into 8-10 slices
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- optional: vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, freshly whipped cream, vanilla Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine baking mix, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and ground flax seed in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix to form a batter. Pour into an 8x8-inch glass baking dish.
- Cover the batter with the peaches and blueberries and place into the oven. Bake 45-50 minutes or until the top of the cobbler is browned and the batter is set. Remove to a wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt, freshly whipped cream, or greek vanilla yogurt.