We are having so much fun cooking with all of the spring veggies that have recently come into season! We’ve stir-fried them, oven roasted them (our favorite) , cooked them en papillote, and tossed them into salads.
But tonight we need a quick one-pot dinner. On the Menu: Spring Veggie Frittata!
- 6-7 stalks asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 leek, sliced in half horizontally, washed, and then sliced thinly
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 eggs + 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup light ricotta cheese
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a large oven-safe, nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add the asparagus, leeks, bell peppers, mushrooms, and garlic and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and egg whites until combined. Whisk in the ricotta cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet and cook about 5 minutes, until the bottom is set.
- Place skillet in oven and cook about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh herbs on top, such as basil, cilantro or Italian flatleaf parsley. Add more pepper if desired.