Welcome to U Rock Girl!
Created by two Nutrition and Wellness Experts, U Rock Girl is the one stop for women of all ages for information, products, and services to improve your life and nourish your mind, body, and spirit.
Tag: omega 3 fatty acids
Well, it’s officially the New Year. We wanted to start it off with a warming and comforting recipe. Our crab bisque with a tomato, avocado, and corn relish is perfect for the cold days ahead of us. Maybe a small … Continue reading
We are so happy that it’s the season for wild Alaskan salmon! The season began at the end of May and runs through mid-September. Our absolute favorite salmon is that which comes from Copper River. The color is so dark … Continue reading
More than half of all U.S. adults are popping pills – vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and herbs – in the hopes that it will cure what ails them. But will these supplements actually help them lose weight, reduce blood pressure, lower … Continue reading
Anyone who knows us knows that our favorite food, hands down, is sushi. We are not into rolls – we do straight up sushi and sashimi and will eat just about anything. Rarely we look at a menu when going to a … Continue reading
Want to go “vegetarian”? First, you need to figure out what kind of vegetarian you want to become:
- Lacto-ovo: Eats dairy and eggs, but no other animal products
- Lacto: Eats dairy, but no eggs or other animal foods
- Ovo: Eats eggs, but no dairy or other animal foods
- Pescatarian: Eats fish, possibly dairy and/or eggs, but no other animal foods
- Flexitarian: A vegetarian who occasionally eats meat
- Vegan: No meat, poultry, fish, dairy, eggs, or honey